A key question for all companies is how best to look after your employees so that they do the best possible job for you. Employee performance is affected by a vast range of issues that are often treated as unrelated factors. At LSC London we believe that only by treating these issues as completely interdependent, through one management system, can a company optimise employee performance.
We believe the drivers for employee performance can be summarised in the following equation:
performance = motivation + competence + management effectiveness
If you want your employees to achieve the objectives you set them, both they and your management must have:
- the necessary levels of physical and mental health, personal contentment and job satisfaction to motivate them to achieve those objectives
- the necessary knowledge, competencies and skills to achieve those objectives
- an effective way for all parties to measure their success in achieving those objectives and be suitably encouraged and rewarded so that they will continue to achieve them
You may be aware that much more needs to be done in your company in the area of employee ‘well-being’ but you find it too vague or difficult to get to grips with and are content to stick to traditional methods of sporadic performance assessments. In this case your employees will be under-performing.
Our solution is to have a simple, sharply-focused set of policies, processes and procedures giving equal measure to every part of our performance equation and taking into consideration your resources in such a way as to be sustainable over the long term.
In order to do this, we will consult with both management and employees about the following aspects of the company:
- remuneration packages
- the workplace, culture and environment
- relationships and collaboration between employees
- relationships and collaboration between employees and managers
- communications, information and consultation procedures
- policies and procedures for employees’ mental and physical health
- employees’ opportunities to be involved, engaged and committed
- employees’ opportunities for personal growth and career development
We will then provide you with practical tools to improve each of these areas as required, together with systems to measure the effectiveness of all your programs in terms of your employees’ productivity and overall performance against objectives.
A great deal can be achieved in this area by devising internal programs that require no or minimal expenditure. Through innovative use of your company’s experience, knowledge and skills base and by the careful selection of outside partners, we are able to propose a varied range of cost-effective programs and tools which will reward, encourage and develop your employees.
To this end we have partnered with Happy Atom Ltd to bring our clients the Edge Programs.
The Edge Programs are a fully comprehensive and interactive online and face-to-face approach to achieve personal and business success for you and your key employees. They are structured in such a way as to bring maximum benefits with minimum disruption to your employees’ work patterns.